The Undersecretary of Defense issued a requirement that all DoD components and companies participating in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) transition to electronic fingerprinting no later than December 31st of 2013. The SWFT application provides the electronic gateway (as a secure web application) for this mandate.
SWFT supports submission of both electronically captured fingerprints and fingerprint cards that have been converted to electronic files using certified card scanning. Best practices for SWFT compliant solutions expedite the clearance process and provide end to end accountability of all Personally Identifiable Information.
It’s a common misconception that in order to become SWFT compliant, one must purchase expensive and underutilized equipment. As a result of intensive work with many stakeholders in the industry, i3 has formulated the following wide array of SWFT solutions:
- Purchase a live scan system using inVize ID and a digID scanner
- Enterprise live scan system with or without transaction consolidation
- Fingerprint card scanning system for FD-258 conversion – single card or ADF
- Combinations of the above products with many enhancement options including fingerprint card printing
- FPCheck service for company employees only
- FPCheck service for internal/external personnel
- FPCheck service for fingerprint card (FD-258) conversion
- FPCheck service with fingerprint card printing
i3 has built a collection of tools to help guide companies through the SWFT transition. Included in these tools are educational presentations to affected security professional groups. To request such a presentation or access to our other tools, contact a member of our